Take a breath and change becomes possible...
Adler recognised the holistic nature of human beings and that we are born to become socially embedded. He also developed the concept of organ jargon. Integrating the breath, body and mind provides us with the essential skills for wellbeing and getting to where we want to be in life. Understanding symptoms in the context of a person's social world creates a greater understanding of how they seek to overcome life's challenges. Yoga, Breath-Body-Mind practices are a great place to start. By calming mind and body, the road back to wellbeing begins.
Is this the time for change?
My name is Margaret Wadsley. My approach is holistic which means I also offer individual yoga and breath~body~mind and relaxation sessions on request. I provide a safe, understanding environment and a non-judgemental relationship.
- Life could be getting you down. Stress, is the challenge that faces us all, leading to depression/anxiety. Many parents often feel concerned for children's and teens' emotional wellbeing in these high-pressure times.
- When children's or young people's behaviour becomes of concern parents often contact me about issues such as school attendance, unhappiness, bullying, untidiness, defiance, risky relationships, homework not getting done, too much time on electronic devices or a lack of self-discipline. Sometimes a previously happy child or teenager is seen to undergo a change of character with no obvious reason for the change.
- A family under stress can mean that relationships are suffering.
- Perhaps, as parents, you feel a need for support that improves relationships and as a way to make positive changes leading to wellbeing and a letting go of feeling stuck and confused.
- Family break-up can be challenging for all the family, often accompanied by a sense of loss and confusion. Counselling and psychotherapy help people rediscover their place in a different world. Support for parents plays an important part in therapeutic support for children and teens, according to parent and child/young person's wishes
Family and Individual Counselling
I am well placed to support Scottish Government priorities of wellbeing, health promotion, and emotional health.
For wellbeing activities, training and consultancy I currently travel around the UK, to the USA and Canada. I have trained in Breath~Body~Mind practices at the Kripalu Yoga retreat centre in New England and acted as a consultant for trainee school counsellors during my visit to the Northern Arizona University in Tucson. Visit my Stress Busting and Yoga pages to find out more.
Membership of Professional Bodies:
Please visit my page entitled Supervision to find details of my Membership of Professional Bodies that regulate counselling, psychotherapy and yoga, including complaints processes.